- All Your AnxietyEdward H. Joy, Public DomainIs there a heart o’erbound by sorrow?Is there a life weighed down by care?Come to the cross, each burden bearing;All your anxiety—leave it there.
- No other friend so swift to help you,No other friend so quick to hear,No other place to leave your burden,No other one to hear your prayer.
- Come then at once; delay no longer!Heed His entreaty kind and sweet,You need not fear a disappointment;You shall find peace at the mercy seat.Refrain:All your anxiety, all your care,Bring to the mercy seat, leave it there,Never a burden He cannot bear,Never a friend like Jesus!
What a Friend We Have in JesusJoseph M. Scriven, Public Domain
- What a friend we have in Jesus,All our sins and griefs to bear!What a privilege to carryEverything to God in prayer!Oh, what peace we often forfeit,Oh, what needless pain we bear,All because we do not carryEverything to God in prayer!
- Have we trials and temptations?Is there trouble anywhere?We should never be discouraged—Take it to the Lord in prayer.Can we find a friend so faithful,Who will all our sorrows share?Jesus knows our every weakness;Take it to the Lord in prayer.
- Are we weak and heavy-laden,Cumbered with a load of care?Precious Savior, still our refuge—Take it to the Lord in prayer.Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?Take it to the Lord in prayer!In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,Thou wilt find a solace there.
- Blessed Savior, Thou hast promisedThou wilt all our burdens bear;May we ever, Lord, be bringingAll to Thee in earnest prayer.Soon in glory bright, unclouded,There will be no need for prayer—Rapture, praise, and endless worshipWill be our sweet portion there.He Giveth More GraceAnnie J. Flint, Public Domain
- He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.
- When we have exhausted our store of endurance,When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,When we reach the end of our hoarded resourcesOur Father’s full giving is only begun.
- Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,Our God ever yearns His resources to share;Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.
- Refrain:His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,His power no boundary known unto men;For out of His infinite riches in JesusHe giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.When life seems bigger than anything I had imagined, GOD IS HERE.When tasks are immensely daunting yet my energy has vanished, GOD IS HERE.When panic grips my heart and I can barely survive that moment, GOD IS HERE.When pain surrounds me and steals my very breath, GOD IS HERE.When my heart is broken for others in deep distress, GOD IS HERE.When failure taunts my bruised spirit and I cower in insecurity, GOD IS HERE.When dark memories rush back over me and drown out the good, GOD IS HERE.When the future looms large and my heart quakes, GOD IS HERE.When light glimmers faintly in the distance, GOD IS HERE.When I reach for Him and can barely feel His hand, GOD IS HERE.When I let His promises soothe my restless mind, GOD IS HERE.And as the song slips quietly back into my soul, I remember...GOD IS HERE.
Desiring God in my every day,