Nature

Nature

Sunday, September 30, 2012

...who fights fear?



‎"I don’t want any of the things that I fear to happen, but this I know, if they do, my God will take care of me." - Beth Moore
 
Sometimes fear almost overtakes me.
I really do believe in God.
I believe He loves me.
I trust Him.
I do.
Do I really?
Can I trust Him with my life?
Can I trust Him with my children's future?
Can I trust Him with my husband's life?
I'm trying.
I'm doing my best.
I don't want to doubt.
But that's what happens when the fear gets too strong.
I must fight the doubts.
I must fight the fear.
If I don't, they will control me and my family will suffer.
I must not cling too tightly to what I know.
I must not demand my own way in this.
God cannot work freely if my fists are closed, grasping.
I must trust.
I must trust Him to grant me the strength He has promised
to renew every morning! 
I must rely on the grace He offers from His unlimited store!
I must believe that He will continue to provide for us as He so graciously has to this point!
I must remember all the wonderful ways in which He has made Himself known to our family over the past two years!
I must focus on HIM...not my weaknesses...
On HIM....not my limited vision....
On HIM...not my lack of wisdom...
On HIM...not my failures...
On HIM....and HIM alone.

Then I can say along with Beth,
 
‎"I don’t want any of the things that I fear to happen, but this I know, if they do, my God will take care of me."
 
 
Learning to trust,
 


No comments:

Post a Comment