Nature

Nature

Sunday, January 5, 2014

...who has proven Him true?

When I travel the pathway so rugged and steep,
When I pass through the valley so dark and so deep,
And when snares for my soul by my foes have been set,
Jesus never has failed me yet.

He never has failed me yet.
He never has failed me yet.
I have proven Him true; What He says He will do.
He never has failed me yet.


I've heard and sung this song all my life.  Haven't you?  What do you think about that phrase "I have proven Him true; What He says He will do"? 


Have you?  Have you proven Him true?  Have you had experiences that have proven the promises of God are real, vital, and in working order for us - today - in this time and in this place?


I have. 


My life is a constant and steady dependency on God and on all the strength, grace, and courage He has promised to provide for those who are in need of it.  


Every day brings new and unexpected challenges.  Every day, my self-discipline is tested, my physical strength is pushed to its limit, my emotions run up and down the roller-coaster of caring for a loved one who is terminally ill...and every day, all that grace, strength, courage is renewed...just like God has promised in my life verse:  


"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." (Isaiah 41:10)

It's true, friends!!!!  He IS there when I'm in need...no matter WHAT that need may be!  

He has carried me physically - keeping me from getting sick when dealing with a lack of good sleep and exposure to flu bugs from multiple sources.  

He has cared for me emotionally - holding me and comforting me when the thoughts and feelings of losing my best friend and life's companion overwhelm me and I can't see my way through the dark.

He has provided for us financially - sending many generous financial gifts our way and providing meals for us through surprising sources like Michael's employers.

He has granted me wisdom - bringing creative solutions to mind when I'm faced with new challenges regarding my husband's care or my children's upbringing or education.

He has enabled me with self-discipline - helping me bite my tongue when crisis causes emotions to run high and keeping me going when I don't think I am able to take another step or perform another task.  

He has blessed me with peace - bathing me with it when anxiety begins to wind its tenacious tendrils around my heart, trying to squeeze out all signs of faith.  

He has carried me - reassuring me of His love when I haven't had the time I'd like to spend in the Word or in formal prayer, although some days seem like one constant breath of prayer for help...

He has provided a network of hearts led to lift us...me...up in prayer on a regular basis.  And I believe those prayers have truly borne me up time and time again.

I can't say it enough...I will be eternally grateful for the Lord's gracious promises, but more than that, I will always be grateful for the way He has shown ME that those promises are not only meant for me, but they work.  

And oh, how my heart soars when I read or sing these words...

"Morning by morning new mercies I see...All I have needed Thy hand hath provided. Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!"

Resting in the everlasting arms,







No comments:

Post a Comment